Are you weary of the summer parade of goopy mayonnaise-laden salad standbys? Break up the monotony with this healthy autumn salad adapted from a Prevention magazine recipe. Not only is this salad vibrantly colored, but it also packs tons of flavor and texture. A perfect side for your favorite fall meals.
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 med sweet-tart apples (such as Braeburn), quartered and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/3 cup crumbled mild blue cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- Whisk oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
- Add apple, cabbage, cheese, onion, and walnuts.
- Toss to combine.
YIELD: 4 servings.
PER SERVING: 220 cal, 4 g pro, 26 g carb, 4 g fiber, 19 g sugars, 13 g fat, 3 g sat fat, 310 mg sodium.